3/19/09

Pinkbike.com Article: Wood Grain Mountain Bike Helmet

PaintHouse Custom Painting does up a Pinkbike Helmet - by Brule

Dec 5, 2008 

I first met Stacy Glaser and a whole band of riders that were all on HUKK bikes a few years ago at the Red Neck Rumble toonie races on Vedder Mountain. We always run into each other on the trails and recently he informed us that he had started to Airbrush helmets when not out riding. After a quick talk and throwing around a few ideas, we shipped him a helmet and he did it up for us! 

Read on to check it all out and to hear a bit from Stacy himself: Hi my name is Stacy Glaser and I've started PaintHouse Customs. I'm originally from Ringwood, New Jersey and aside from painting I've been riding bikes for over 10 years. I first met Radek and Tyler from Pinkbike.com a couple of years ago at the Redneck Rumble races they were holding in Chilliwack, BC.Since then I've periodically seen them at various events and riding spots. Then at this past Crankworx in Whistler, I approached Tyler with the idea to do a Pinkbike Theme helmet for the site and within a few weeks I had a brand new Giro Remedy Carbon on my desk. After talking with Tyler I began to work on the concept drawings and sanding the helmet clean of any stickers and graphics. After the concept was completed, I laid out the masks for the main graphics.
I knew I wanted to do a wood grain graphic, I had drawn it for years but always in pen or pencil but never with an airbrush. So, after about 10 test panels I finally had the color combination and grain I had imagined. Once the wood grain was finished being painted, I pinstriped an outline with black and added a translucent red accent on the top. Finally I topped it off with a hand made Pinkbike logo. 

I really enjoyed this project and I look forward to working again with the Pinkbike.com crew. I'd like to thank Tyler for all his help and Julian Kenchenten for taking some great pics with me on the North Shore.
Please contact me at painthousecustoms@gmail.com with any questions or inquiries. You can also check out other projects including a helmet I did for Wade Simmons, at PaintHouseCustoms.com. Happy trails and happy holidays from PaintHouse and stay tuned to Pinkbike.com for future projects and stories. 

Stacy Glaser
PaintHouse Customs
1-201-407-0352We here at Pinkbike.com are super happy with how our airbrushed helmet project turned out. We're looking forward to working with Stacy on future projects too after seeing the results of this one. Have a safe and fun holiday season! 

-Pinkbike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment