10/19/10

Pinkbike.com Team Helmets


For this past 2010 race season the guys at Pinkbike asked me to paint two helmets for a couple of their team riders. A classic Giro Remedy for Cam Hilts, and a brand new Fox V3R Carbon helmet for Miranda Miller.

I had recently been developing different kinds of 3d techniques and I decided to utilize one of them for the Pinkbike team helmets. I wanted to create an effect of blowing leafs. I used various sizes of maple leaf shapes to make the layered image. I then incorporated the individual riders sponsors and names into the designs.



What can't be seen in the pictures is that there are heavy gold flakes mixed in within the leafs. I really enjoyed working with the PinkBike crew on these projects and it was great to see these helmets in action at various races and events over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment