12/25/10

D'Arcys Graffiti D3 Carbon



This one of a kind paint job was created for Rocky Mountain Bikes designer/engineer D'Arcy O'Connor. It features a raw carbon base with panel graphics that fade from a custom "Shark Skin Grey" to a translucent black.
I then hand painted the white graffiti graphics using a sheet of masking film that I had placed on the helmet. Then I drew the design on it and then cut out the shapes directly on the helmet. At the same time I shaded each cut out according to the direction of the light source I created for the graphics.

I finished the design by painting D'Arcys signature on the back and the classic Rocky Mtn logo on the top. All logos are paint, not stickers as they are usually mistaken for.
I look forward to seeing this one in action this coming season and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment